- If Regional Treatment Modality (NAACCR Item #1570) is coded 00, then record the reason based on documentation in patient record.
- Code 1 if the treatment plan offered multiple options and the patient selected treatment that did not include radiation therapy.
- Code 7 if the patient refused recommended radiation therapy, made a blanket refusal of all recommended treatment, or refused all treatment before any was recommended.
- Cases coded 8 should be followed and updated to a more definitive code as appropriate.
- Code 9 if the treatment plan offered multiple options, but it is unknown which treatment, if any, was provided.
Prior to the implementation of FORDS in 2003, the information recorded in this item was limited to the content recorded as 0, 1, 7, 8 and 9.