- This item may be left blank for cases diagnosed prior to 2010.
- If the patient has multiple surgeries of the primary site, this item describes the approach used for the most invasive, definitive surgery.
- For ablation of skin tumors, assign code 3.
- Assign code 2 or 4 if the surgery began as robotic assisted or endoscopic and was converted to open.
- If both robotic and endoscopic or laparoscopic surgery are used, code to robotic (codes 1 or 2).
This item was first used for 2010 diagnoses.
|0||No surgical procedure of primary site at this facility|
|2||Robotic converted to open|
|3||Endoscopic or laparoscopic|
|4||Endoscopic or laparoscopic converted to open|
|5||Open or approach unspecified|
|9||Unknown whether surgery was performed at this facility|